Per Charter of the Platform:
- The Multi-Stakeholder Assembly shall consist of all the Members of the Platform.
- Each Member shall have not more than two representatives in the Multi-Stakeholder Assembly.
Functions and Powers
- The Multi-Stakeholder Assembly may discuss any questions or matters within the scope of the present Charter or relating to the powers and functions of any organs provided for in the present Charter, and, may make recommendations to the Members of the Platform or to the Steering Council or to both on any such questions or matters.
- The Multi-Stakeholder Assembly shall consider the general principles of co-operation in issues concerning standards, especially private sustainability standards, certifications, and conformity assessment, along with allied subjects, and may make recommendations with regard to such principles to the Members or to the Steering Council or to both.
Decisions of the Multi-Stakeholder Assembly on procedural and all other matters shall be made by positive consensus, and abstentions shall be deemed as concurrence for the purpose of expedited discharge of the Platform’s functions.
- The Chairperson of the Multi-Stakeholder Assembly shall be nominated and selected by the Secretariat bearing in mind their expertise in the field of trade, economics, and sustainability standards.
- The Multi-Stakeholder Assembly shall adopt its own Rules of Procedure for conducting its business, or as may be guided by the Secretariat.